Loujain al-Hathloul, Mayaa al-Zahrani, Samar Badawi, Nouf Abdulaziz, and Nassima al-Sadah found themselves in prison last year with frivolous charges against them. Their real crime was to stand up for women’s rights in Saudi Arabia.
While the Saudi government is in full swing to promote the PR for its relaxations for women such as women Uber drivers and pilots, it also embarks on a ruthless imprisonment drive against the activists.
- The immediate release of all political prisoners.
- Dropping all charges against women activists.
- Equal property rights for women.
- Freedom of movement without the mandatory company of men.
- Freedom of expression without the fear of serious consequences.
- Concrete measures to ensure the torturing of inmates is stopped and those involved are punished.